Erasmo Carvalho Street, Margao - 403 601 - GOA
Phones: 91-832-2731402, 2705681/82/83
Fax: 91-832-2731382
 
HomeAbout Us : Rooms : Restaurant :Service : Location : Tariff : Photo Gallary : Places to See : Guest Feedback : Reservation : Contact Us
Old Goa(37 kms from hotel) The city was founded in the 15th century as a port on the banks of the Mandovi river by the rulers of the Bijapur Sultanate. The city was built to replace Govapuri, which lay a few kilometres to the south and had been used as a port by the Kadamba and Vijayanagar kings. Old Goa was the second capital of Bijapur under the rule of Adil Shah. It was surrounded by a moat and contained the Shah's palace, and his mosques and temples. The city was captured by the Portuguese, and was under Portuguese rule from 1510 as the administrative seat of Portuguese India. The Viceroy's residence was transferred in 1759 to the future capital, Panaji (then Pangim), at the time a village about 9 kilometres to its west.

Palolem Beach
(37 kms from hotel) is largely unspoiled and is inhabited by both local fishermen and by foreign tourists who live in shacks along the shore. It is about one mile (2km) long and is crescent-shaped - one can view the whole beach from either end. Both ends of the beach consist of rocks jutting out into the sea. The depth of the sea increases gradually, it being shallowest at the northern ends of the beach, making it safe for average swimmers, and the currents are not fast.

Colva Beach(5 kms from hotel) is quite popular. The Colva beach is one of the longest in the world (24 km) and also the best beach in Goa and India. For first timers who visited this beach will feel like Hawai. The beach has a number of good resorts on the coast and it attracts as many as 3 to 4 lacs tourists every year.
 

HomeAbout Us : Rooms : Restaurant :Service : Location : Tariff : Photo Gallary : Places to See : Guest Feedback : Reservation : Contact Us

Copyright 2009 - Hotel La Flor, Goa